ACCESSIBILITY FOR ONTARIANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT ALLIANCE UPDATE
AODA ALLIANCE URGES PC LEADER TIM HUDAK TO COMMIT TO STRENGTHEN, AND NOT WEAKEN EFFORTS TO MAKE ONTARIO FULLY ACCESSIBLE TO OVER 1.5 MILLION ONTARIANS WITH DISABILITIES
September 13, 2011
ON September 13, 2011, the AODA Alliance wrote Progressive
Conservative leader Tim Hudak. We asked him to reconsider his party's platform.
We urge him to commit to strengthen, and not weaken
The Ontario Progressive Conservative Party is the only
major party in this
We urge everyone to widely circulate this letter:
* Email it to friends and family.
* Post it on your website or Facebook wall.
* Print it up and give it out to others. You can fit it on both sides of one page.
* Take copies to hand out at all candidates debates.
* Email it to your local media and urge them to cover this election issue.
* Distribute it in your neighbourhood. Hand it out as a leaflet.
* Give copies of this letter to candidates from all parties.
* Tweet it to people who follow you on Twitter.
Let us know what actions you take. If you want a copy of this letter in MS Word format to make it easy to print up in two pages, write us at: email@example.com, or you can click here to download MS Word format letter.
You can see the positions of all the major parties on disability accessibility in this election at: http://www.aodaalliance.org/strong-effective-aoda/090220116.asp
As a non-partisan coalition, we don't campaign for or against any party or candidate, and don't tell people who to vote for or against. Our non-partisan agenda is to get strong commitments from all parties on accessibility for persons with disabilities. Let's use this letter as a way to pursue that goal.